Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Waking Up the Lion Cub

(this post was accidentally deleted, and now put back. which is why it's out of order)

4:45 am

My husband Roman rudely shook my entire body to wake me up. What the hell?!
"Don't forget I'm taking the baby with me to work today." Yes, I had forgotten. There was some kids party or other at his work today. Then my in-laws are taking him after the party to "borrow" their grandson for the rest of the day. Perfect ... this will free up my time to get a facial.

"Wake Up baby" Lion cub didn't move. Didn't even seem to hear me. I panic. Oh my god! Is he breathing? I ran my hands over him, looking at his chest, listening ... Yes, he's breathing. I took his little foot and gave it a tug. Nothing. I gave it a harder tug. Still nothing. I leaned over and kissed his cheek, and that's when he wailed. Gee, I've never had such a reaction to my kisses before. So I picked him up and walked around the room, not quite sure what to do first. Roman walks in, noticed my confusion, and yelled "Trinny! get him dressed!"
Hello?! no need to yell, I'm still half-asleep myself.

Usually, our nanny Pru does these things. But apparently, Roman gave her the day off today. So I changed his diaper, and dressed him in a cute little sailboat outfit. Roman walks in and I knew immediately something was wrong.

"Trinny, today is Trojan day, remember? I told you this last night"
"Trojan? as in condom?"
"No, as in USC Trojan. I bought that USC baby uniform for him last week. What's wrong with you Trinny?"

There were more expletives in this conversation, but I'm choosing not to include that in this blog. And as to what's wrong with me? I haven't had my damn coffee and it's 5am in the freakin morning! Off with the sailboat outfit, on with the USC football uniform. Lion cub looked adorable. He's going to be a USC quarterback one day ... no pressure Lion Cub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome: